User Defined Sorts & Finds
- Enter chemical names such as Sulfuric acid, Ammonia, Chlorine or Sulfate ion, or a chemical formula: H2SO4, H2O or NH3.
- For molecular
ions use a square bracket format: [NH4]+, [N3]- or [SO4]2-.
- A narrow search finds the exact string and is case sensitive: Co & CO are distinguished, Water is found but water
- The default broad search finds the contained text and is not case sensitive.
- We would advise: first use broad searchs to find a chemical entity name or formula,
then refine with a narrow search The broad search off.
- When both fields are filled the set of reactions involving both sets of entities
- Try using the narrow search and pairs of common entities such as: Sodium, Hydrogen, Water, Chlorine, NH3, SO2, PCl3, CH4, etc.
© Mark R. Leach 1999 –
Suggestions, Bugs, Errors, Typos...
If you have any:
Suggestions for links
Bug, typo or grammatical error reports about this page,
please contact Mark R. Leach, the author, using email@example.com